31. Sesame Chicken Wings Recipe
This is an economical appetizer that is also good as a cocktail snack or as a light meal with stir-fried vegetables.
- Calories: 280 Kcal
- Protein: 28 g
- Total Carbs: 1 g
30. Chicken Casserole with Spiced Figs Recipe
The Spanish Catalans have various recipes for fruit with meat. This is quite an unusual one, but it uses one of the fruits most strongly associated with the Mediterranean: the fig.
- Calories: 655 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g 15%
- Protein: 33g 66%
29. Circassian Chicken
This is a Turkish dish which is popular all over the Middle East. The chicken is poached and served cold with a flavorsome walnut sauce.
- Calories: 258 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 15.16g 5%
- Protein: 15.79g
28. Chicken with Chorizo Recipe | Mediterranean Foods
The addition of chorizo sausage and sherry gives a warm, interesting flavor to this simple Spanish casserole. Serve with rice or boiled potatoes.
- Calories: 246.7 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate:22.4 g
- Protein:27.2 g
27. Chicken with Tomatoes and Honey | Mediterranean Recipes
Honey is surprisingly good in savory dishes such as this one, making it rich rather than sweet.
- Calories: 116.4 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 12.4 g
- Protein: 15.2 g
26. Chicken Kdra with Chick-Peas and Almonds Recipe
A kdra is a type of tagine that is traditionally cooked with smen, a strong Moroccan butter, and a lot of onions. The almonds in this recipe are precooked until soft, adding an interesting texture and flavor.
- Calories: 1483 Kcal
- Carbs: 71.9 g (24%)
- Protein: 91.5 g (182.9%)
25. Hunter’s Chicken Recipe | Mediterranean Foods
This traditional dish sometimes has strips of green pepper in the sauce for extra color and flavor instead of the fresh mushrooms.
- Calories: 720 Kcal
- Total Carbs: 34 g
- Protein: 92 g
24. Moroccan Roast Chicken Recipe | Mediterranean Foods
In Morocco, a whole chicken is commonly cooked on a spit over hot charcoal. However, it is still excellent roasted in a hot oven and can be cooked whole, halved or in quarters.
- Calories: 194.2
- Total Carbohydrate: 5.3 g
- Protein: 28.1 g
23. Chicken with Tomatoes and Prawns Recipe
This Piedmontese dish was created for Napoleon after the battle of Marengo. Versions of it appear in both Italian and French recipe books.
- Calories: 231.4 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 14.7 g
- Protein: 23.0 g
22. Chicken with Morels Recipe | Mediterranean Foods
Morels are among the best flavored dried mushrooms and, although they are expensive, a little goes a long way. You can, of course, use fresh mushrooms if you prefer.
- Calories: 672 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 64 g
21. Chicken with Red Wine Recipe
The robust red wine and red pesto give this sauce a rich color and an almost spicy flavor, while the grapes add a delicious suggestion of sweetness. Serve the stew with grilled polenta or warm crusty bread, and accompany with a piquant salad, such as rocket or watercress, tossed in a well flavored dressing.
- Calories: 287.6 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 8.9 g
- Protein: 30.6 g
20. Chicken in a Salt Crust Recipe
Cooking food in a casing of salt gives a deliciously moist, tender flavor that, surprisingly, is not too salty. The technique is used in both Italy and France for chicken and whole fish, although chicken is easier to deal with.
- Calories: 230.7 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 14.2 g
- Protein: 30.1 g
19. Poussins With Zucchinis (Courgettes) and Apricot Stuffing Recipe
If possible, buy very small or baby poussins for this recipe. If these are not available, buy slightly larger poussins and serve half a poussin per person.
- Calories: 908 Kcal
- Carbs: 59 g
- Protein: 62 g
18. Poussins With Bulgur Wheat and Dry Vermouth Recipe
Vermouth is a valuable asset in he kitchen. It appears twice in this recipe, first to flavor the bulgur wheat stuffing and then in the glaze for the poussins.
- Calories: 1335 Kcals
- Carbs: 56.7 g
- Protein: 68.5 g
17. Chicken With Pimientos Recipe | Mediterranean
“Pimiento” is the Spanish word for the sweet bell-shaped pepper, which is a favorite ingredient in many Mediterranean recipes.
- Calories: 570 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 43 g
16. Easy Mushroom Picker’s Chicken Paella Recipe
A good paella is based on a few-chosen ingredients. Here, wild mushrooms are combined with chicken and vegetables.
15. Roast Chicken with Almonds Recipe | Mediterranean
Despite the wide availability of alternatives, roast chicken remains a top family favorite around the Mediterranean. It is delectable with a fruity almond stuffing.
14. Chicken with Lemons and Olives Recipe | Mediterranean
Preserved lemons and limes are frequently used in Mediterranean diet, particularly in North Africa where their gentle flavor enhances all kinds of meat and fish dishes.
- Calories: 351 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Protein: 52.5 g
13. Deep-Fried Chicken with Lemon Slices Recipe
Lemon complements chicken perfectly in this quick dish.
- Calories: 434 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 49 g
12. Chicken and Eggplant Khoresh Recipe
This eggplant and pepper stew is often served on festive occasions in Iran and is believed to have been a favourite with royalty.
- Calories: 189 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
- Protein: 13 g
11. Mediterranean Cuisine: Grilled Poussins With Citrus Glaze
This recipe is suitable for many kinds of small birds, including pigeons, snipe and partridges. It would also work with quail, but in such a case decrease the cooking time and spread the citrus mixture over, rather than under, the fragile skin.
- Calories: 549 Kcal
- Carbs: 4 g
- Protein: 45 g
10. Mediterranean Recipes: Pan-Fried Chicken
The essence of this is to cook it quickly over a fierce heat. If therefore works best with small quantities, as large amounts would have less contact with the pan and would braise rather than fry.
- Calories: 321 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Protein: 60 g
9. Olive Oil Roasted Chicken With Mediterranean Vegetables
This is a delicious French alternative to a traditional roast chicken. Use a corn-fed or free-range bird, if available. This recipe also works well with guinea fowl.
- Calories: 568 Kcal
- Carbs: 37g
- Protein: 42g
8. Easy Chinese Cuisine: Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
A classic combination which always tastes great. Mix the Seasoning ingredients together. Marinate the chicken in the seasoning mixture for 10 minutes…
- Calories: 180 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 14g
7. Easy Chinese Cuisine: Chicken with Bean Sprouts Recipe
Marinated chicken, stir-fried with bean sprouts and served with a sauce based on the marinade.
- Calories: 117.1 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 7.2 g
- Protein: 11.0 g
6. Chinese Cuisine: Soy Chicken Wings Recipe
These delicious chicken wings can be served on any occasion. Wash chicken wings and dry on paper towels…
- Calories: 51 Kcal
- Total Carbs: 1 g
- Protein: 8 g
5. Stewed Chicken and Pineapple Recipe
Pineapple complements the chicken wonderfully in this dish. Mix the seasoning ingredients together.
4. Steamed Chicken Recipe
A great method of cooking chicken and one which brings out all its flavor. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Mix the seasoning ingredients together and mix with the chicken. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Chicken in Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe-Chinese Cuisine
Stir-fried chicken served with peppers in a hot sauce. First, bone the chicken. To bone the legs, cut down along the bone on all sides, drawing out the bone with an even movement. Cut all the chicken meat into thin strips…
- Calories: 201.9Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 14.2 g
- Protein: 27.2 g
2. Tangerine Peel Chicken Recipe
An exotic mixture of flavors blends perfectly in this delicious chicken dish.
- Calories: 309.2 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrate: 14.5 g
- Protein: 27.9 g
1. Chicken and Bean Sprout Salad
Steamed chicken and bean sprouts, coated in a refreshingly light sauce.
- Calories: 525 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 40 g