Are one of the favorites of everyone of every age. They are easy to consume: just peel and eat. With antibiotic and antifungal properties, they also help curb diarrhea and are at the same time a mild laxative, promote sleep, lower cholesterol, removes toxic metals and help in case of ulcers, thanks to pectin content.
Nutrients and Calories
Nutrients: Vitamins A, B1, B6, C, K, beta-carotene, magnesium, potassium and trytophan (promotes sleep). B6 (pyridoxine); is very important to help the white cells in the system to fight pathogens. It’s very beneficial to the thymus gland. Best sources are: green vegetables, lentils, corn, eggs, oats, soybeans, poultry, prunes, corn, bananas and brown rice. POTASSIUM; is necessary for energy production, for normal muscle contraction, transmission of nerve impulses and fluid balance, and supports the immune system. Best sources include apricots, bananas, figs, potatoes, raisins, garlic, legumes and squash.
Tips and Notes
- Suggestions: Raw; in “smoothies“; with yogurt and mixed berries; in banana bread, or muffins, oven-dried chips.
- BREAKFAST MENUS FRUIT COMBINATIONS:
- Orange, green apple, yellow apple, red apple and banana.
- Mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana.
- Orange, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sour cherries and banana.
- Pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, tangerine and bananas. MENUS COMBINATIONS:
- Multigrain crepes with banana-strawberries-apricot puree filling, and soy milk.
- Banana bread with green apple slices + 1 tbsp sweet and sour apricot puree.
- Banana bread with raspberries-strawberries-nectarine-peach and sour cherries with a topping of “Yosoya” (a mixture made from soy milk and home-made low fat lactose free yogurt).
- The same but instead of the banana bread, carrot muffins.
- Homemade rye bread with seeds, bananas, apple and peanuts.
- 1 cup oatmeal with low fat milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, chopped roasted almonds and banana.
- A fruit sandwich made with two slices of dark bread filled with apple, banana, dried apricot and peanuts, and a spread of low fat yogurt.