Ripe pineapples have a sweet smell. People with osteoarthritis, phlebitis and those trying to loose weight can benefit especially.
Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple; is a “stress bursting” food with anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to the Bromelain, a digestive enzyme. People with osteoarthritis, phlebitis and those trying to loose weight can benefit especially.
To eliminate cellulite; or at least diminish it dramatically, the best way is to eliminate the toxins in your body. How? By drinking artichoke pineapple water and cherry’s stems water.
Tropical fruit, such as pineapple and mango, require individual treatment. Pineapple is peeled with a large knife to remove the skin and “eyes”, while mango flesh is sliced off the stone, then scored into cubes before being cut from the skin.
Cut downwards and deep enough to remove all peel
How to Eat Pineapple
- Suggestions: in Smoothies, fresh cut in chunks, pineapple rice, Asian recipes pineapple relish, dried in the oven as a snack; boil the peel to make a super healthy water.
- Pineapple water: thoroughly scrub a pineapple, peel and serve; but boil the peel in a good quantity of water. You can add 2-3 cloves and even a cinnamon stick. Boil for 20 minutes. Strain and let it cool. Pour it in a glass jar and drink all through the day. You can also add few lemon-lime slices before serving.
- It is extremely diuretic, excellent against cellulite, and anti-inflammatory.
- Pineapples: Large and heavy with sweet aroma and central leaves that can be pulled out from the plume.
- Mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana.
- Pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, tangerine and bananas.
- Papaya, pineapple & mango all decorated with lime-lemon wedges and red currants- a real feast for the eyes and the tummy! A real beautifier!
- Freshly cut pineapple, followed (at least 1/2 hour later) by two slices of multi-grain rye bread with avocado spread (a simple and basic version of the famous guacamole.
- Pineapple Water; thoroughly scrub a pineapple, peel and serve; but boil the peel in a good quantity of water. You can add 2-3 cloves and even a cinnamon stick. Boil for 20 minutes. Strain and let it cool. Pour it in a glass jar and drink all through the day. You can also add few lemon-lime slices before serving. It is extremely diuretic, excellent against cellulite, and anti-inflammatory.
- Cold Desserts:
- Pavlova with Tropical Fruit: kiwi, pineapple, and mango give a tropical lilt to this giant meringue puff.
- Exotic Fruit Salad: chunks of pineapple, papaya, star fruit, kiwi, mango, and lychees are spiked with white wine and rum and jewelled with pomegranate seeds.
- Hot Desserts:
- Fruit Fritters in Beer Batter with Fresh Orange Sauce: light batter coats slices of pineapple, apple, and banana.
- Caribbean Flambéed Pineapple: tropical treat has rings of pineapple, sautéed with brown sugar, pecans, and rum, topped with toasted coconut.
Nutrients and Calories
Pineapple it is high in fiber and contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, beta-carotene and very high in vitamin C.
Pineapple nutritions facts: Calories: 42.4 kcal, Carbohydrate: 10 g, Protein: 0.4 g, Fat: 0.2 g, Fiber: 1 g