Celebrate the Fourth of July with this creamy and cool treat that is packed with protein- not all the sugar and empty calories of other frozen drinks! These red white and blue smoothies are sure to impress your family and guests this holiday weekend!
PREP TIME: 5-10 min
TOTAL TIME: 5-10 min
White & Base Layer:
- 1/2 cup Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Tru Whip (or cool whip) (I like to use it when it’s frozen)
- 1/2-1 cup Unsweetened almond milk or skim milk (depending on desired thickness
- 1-2 cups Ice (depending on desired thickness)
- 2-4 pkts Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum to thicken
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Optional: A few drops of blue food coloring
- 1 cup Strawberries (or rasberries), fresh or frozen
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1Combine ingredients for the base in a blender. Pour 2/3 of the base into a pitcher or large glass/bowl.
2To the 1/3 base that is in the blender, add the blueberries to the base and blend just until the blueberries are smooth, and mixture is blue. Pour the blue layer into the bottom 1/3 of each glass.
3Pour 1/3 of the white base into each glass to make middle ‘white’ layer.
4Add the rest of the base back to blender and add strawberries (or raspberries). Blend until just smooth and divide evenly among each glass to make the red layer. Add a straw to each glass if desired, and enjoy right away, or place in the freezer for up to one hour before serving.
Calories per Serving 89
Saturated Fat 0 g